We’re a venture backed fintech company which provides end-to-end fundraising platform for nonprofits around the world. CauseMatch’s software leverages the behavioral truth that friends are far more likely to give to a nonprofit organization (whether that’s a social cause, health related cause, or educational institution) when a friend makes a request of them to do so versus the organization directly appealing to them. Response rates go from 1-2% to up to 25%. CauseMatch’s software facilitates organizations running peer to peer campaigns and has become a leader in the field.
As both a strategic and operational role, the Head of Human Resources will be in a critical position to develop business and people strategies to advance CauseMatch's mission, principles and growth, helping to create the company's culture, and own the full lifecycle of their people. This position is a great opportunity to be a leader in a high-growth technology company and influence all aspects of CauseMatch's workforce and team culture.
- People and Culture Champion and Guardian
- Be the champion and guardian of our company principles and culture
- Lead all programs associated with making our company principles something vibrant and genuine within the company
- Plan and implement employee learning / development programs for each department
- Collaborate with our Head of Human Resources in India to seamlessly integrate all People Operations programs/tracking and also to create a “bridge” across the two offices
- Planning of team experience initiatives such as company events, holiday gifts, special occasions, employee rewards etc.
- Management of employee leave (vacation, holiday, maternity, sick days etc.)
- Serve as a leader, mentor, and trusted advisor to the team to help them achieve their highest potential performance and growth.
- Maintain an employee communications strategy, forum, and cadence to ensure alignment with the vision, mission, and evolving culture to ensure employees feel a strong sense of connection.
- Team Performance and Compensation
- Refine Performance Management and feedback program that rewards excellence and promotes continuous learning through real-time feedback.
- Improve upon and advise on the current job leveling and compensation initiative ensuring alignment with performance management strategy.
- Team Recruitment and Retention
- Execute recruiting process to ensure a world-class candidate experience that helps maintain CauseMatch's status as a highly sought-after place to work.
- Improve processes and systems to ensure every aspect of the employee lifecycle is optimized and geared towards employee retention and growth
- Employee career pathing and continued development
- Strategic Planning and Leadership Team Collaboration
- Participate in strategic planning by partnering with the leadership team to ensure HR initiatives are aligned with business objectives.
- Advising, as a true confidante to the CEO and executive peers, on topics such as organizational design, workforce planning, employee engagement, org communications, etc.
- Develop and coach current and prospective people managers on effective management and feedback practices.
- 5+ years of experience in a combination of HRBP, People Operations, Compensation, Employee Benefits, and Recruiting, with experience managing teams. 2+ of those years in leadership roles.
- Possess functional expertise across all general areas of HR, including organizational design, planning, diversity and inclusion, employee experience, talent and performance management, compensation, and employee relations, and stakeholder impact.
- Proven track record of success in implementing programs that attract and retain a high-performing, diverse and engaged workforce.
- High level of business acumen and proven effectiveness as an advisor working directly with executives to provide alignment of human capital initiatives with organizational strategy.
- Experienced in data analytics and comfortable using results from that data to influence important decisions.
- Well-versed on employment laws and HR compliance in order to ensure the business is set up for success.
- Experience with working with remote employees across countries preferred.
- Experience with HRIS and Recruiting systems
- Practice discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Embody and uphold CauseMatch's values and ensure that they influence all key decisions and initiatives.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop a high degree of personal credibility at all levels of the organization
Our culture and company perks!
- Team and work is driven by our company values and core principles
- Generous company holiday schedule - paid vacation for all major Jewish Holidays and Chol HaMoed
- Flexible work hours and WFH options
- 20 hours of paid volunteer time off/impact hours
- Professional development and learning stipends
CauseMatch helps nonprofits fundraise better, so they can do more good. Our software and methodology pairs our proprietary fundraising model with a team of the best fundraising experts in the world. We wrap the team, expertise and software together to ensure nonprofit fundraising is driven by data and becomes a team wide core competency. The typical client is raising 6x more with CauseMatch.
Our Leadership Principles
Integrity - Human relationships begin and end with one word: integrity. Leaders show genuine commitment, recognizing that their word must be their bond.
Transparency and Communication - Leaders know that trust is built through transparency and communication.
Tenacious Devotion to the Customer - First and foremost, our company is about providing an incredible and high-impact product service to customers.
Ownership and Accountability - Leaders take ownership and hold themselves accountable for their actions and goals. They recognize when they are wrong and embrace their mistakes as opportunities to learn and grow.
Me is We - Leaders put others first. They make sure that the collective wellbeing is taken care of before their own needs. They don’t need the credit for successes. They elevate and share the success with the team.
Devotion to the Highest Standards - Leaders are devoted to producing work that’s on the highest standards. Leaders continually raise the bar and drive their teams to deliver world-class products, services, and processes.
Act Now. Invent and Innovate Ahead. - Leaders are problem solvers. They act smart and they act fast. They deliver results and don’t let things linger. Leaders learn from their experience, from challenges, from wins and losses, and build enduring solutions for the future. Leaders are both internally and externally aware, able to source ideas from everywhere. They have the backbone to try new ideas and the tenacity to strive to build a better way.
Positive Mindset - Leaders know that challenges are actually opportunities waiting to happen. They relish the chance to learn and grow, to innovate and build solutions. Leaders know that true impact requires sacrifice and challenge and they constantly seek to invent the future and build creative solutions.
Learn and Build - Leaders are learners. And they are growing. For leaders, life is about always evolving, seeking new ways to deepen and expand themselves — through reading, thinking, discussion, and any other medium. They make time for personal and professional growth. And when the time is right they synthesize those learnings and formulate a strategy and build something truly great. and apply what they learn to their lives at every level.